Isn’t it astonishing how much has changed in our world and in own personal worlds over the last 5 weeks or so? Who could have predicted this?
Most of us are creatures of habit and in general we tend to stick with our usual routines. Whilst there are times when we feel restless and may crave significant change in our lives, the comfort and security we gain from continuing to live life as we have done, often out weighs the risk or fear of change.
But, here we are – in the midst of a global pandemic with our lives changed in so many ways.
Of course there are new concerns, uncertainty and stresses… and this ‘lock down’ also gives us all an opportunity to reflect on what we are gaining from this significant shift – this new paradigm.
* What is working in your life and what needs to be changed.
* What is important to you now?
* What are you valuing?
* Who is important to you – who are you reaching out to reconnect with?
* How are you adapting?
* Where are you saving – money, time, energy?
* What new skills are you learning?
* What are you giving yourself permission to do, be or have?
* What would you like to be doing differently when life returns to some sort of ‘normal’?
* What/who are you grateful for especially at this time?
This morning on the Fab Friends Sisterhood Circle we all thought of a few ways that ‘lock down’ is giving us new opportunities.
You may like to write a letter to your future self about what you have learned so far about yourself and your life so that you don’t slip back into the old ways when we return to some sort of ‘normal’.